World Masters Track Championship training
Track time is available for visiting riders in advance of the official training for the WMTC.
The National Cycling Centre are running sessions for riders wishing to train on Manchester Velodrome prior to the event. The event takes place between 12th and 19th October, so our sessions will commence in the week of 7th October.
We need you to register via our website, where you can check session availability and book your sessions directly using our online booking system. Sessions appear on this system from 14 days before they're due to take place.
On the online booking page look for the following type of options:
Having registered online you can also book training sessions by calling +44 161 223 2244
There will be 3 sessions types, as follows:
|WMTC Open||1hr Coach Supported Track Familiarisation Session, no strucutred efforts and no gates. Your chance to spin your legs and get a feel for your bike on the boards.||£20|
|WMTC Efforts||2hr Coach Led Structured Session allowing Efforts for riders, content based on needs of riders in attendance||£25|
|WMTC Gates||1hr Coach Led Gate Starts only||£25|
Schedule: w/c 7th October 2019 - details tbc
|Day||Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4|
All the above sessions are priced as listed, and due to demand must be booked and paid for in advance.
- For all UK or overseas riders; you must be registered on our customer database by registering online
- We expect a good level of track craft, and any rider not meeting our expectations will be asked to leave the session.
- WMTC Efforts Sessions will have 2 Velodrome coaches present, who will manage the various requests and efforts. WMTC Gates Session will also have 2 Velodrome coaches present.
- Please advise the coaches of your intended session outcomes on arrival.
- All the sprinters must sit together in the left hand side of the riders D, so all sprint efforts can be coordinated on a timely basis, with sprinters ready to go promptly when called up.
- The specific gate start training sessions are limited to 16 riders, these are for entrants to practice their standing individual or team starts and gate starts. Teams must provide their own holders. Participants in this session can take the opportunity to practice 1/4 lap and 1/2 lap effort drills from the start gate. No other endurance/ sprint efforts are provided on this session.
- WMTC may be holding their own official training session before competition starts. We do not take bookings for this, riders must book on through WMTC officials/organisers. If there are any queries on this on the day WMTC organisers will be present in the permanence office.
- The WMTC then commences on Saturday pm on tbc to tbc.
We hope you enjoy your visit to the National Cycling Centre and wish you good luck in your races.